Google

Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Fall Season


Yesterday I found my diary, in which I used to keep old labels, bills, or any piece of paper which could have served my memory. As I was going through it, I came across a dry leaf, a darkly orange coloured leaf which was as dry as the memory which it represented...

A few years back I first saw her. She was standing on the bus stop wearing a pair of black jeans and a black denim top and she looked like a pretty innocent girl. I called her up and told her that I have parked my car a little ahead. I saw her coming towards me from the rear-view mirror. As she was just near the door, I opened it for her and a leaf rushed in my car....

It was a sunny afternoon when I received an sms : "Hey where are you? I am standing on the bus stop for an hour now. My balance is very low currently :("

As I had nothing better to do I called the number. A very soft spoken and a sweet voice picked up,

"Hello!"

"As your balance is very low, I though I should call up. I guess you sent your SMS to the wrong number and from your SMS it looks like you are stuck somewhere."

"Yeah so why did you call up?"

"I guess I can help you, alteast I can make your sms reach the right person."

I don't know what magic happened, but as she said that she was stood up by someone and she was waiting at a bus stop, she asked me if I can pick her up and take her somewhere for lunch...

When we were returning from the lunch that day, she looked at the trees and said, when old leaves are falling off, the tree hopes that spring will come soon, but there is a cold winter before that. And then she said, you really saved my day today, I didn't pass through a winter phase.

After that we used to regularly chat on the phone. She was my regular cup of evening tea it seemed. One day on a cold winter evening she called me and announced, " I think I love Dheeraj."

Nah, it wasn't as if I had any feelings for the girl, but to know that she liked someone just saddened me. I did not react to it. My winter had started and her spring! She conveyed to me her happy instances with her new found love and as a nice friend I always heard what she had to say. I was happy as long as she was...

One day I realised that I had some feelings for her, after a lot of thought that is. The very same day she told me she is planning to break up with Dheeraj. It was a mixed reation which I gave. I simply said, "Yes you are too young to commit, you will certainly get a good person in your life.."

The next summer she left for her studies to The States, and by that time I was certain I had no feelings for her then...

After a week had passed, I was sitting in a coffee shop when I got a call from an unknown number...I could just hear her hello and the voice cut out....

Exactly after a year when I had gotten her SMS, I got another one which read: "I am sad, I had a bf here and we juz broke up!"

"I hope I was there. I really luv u, did u know that!"

"Huh! I though it was me who did, you never proposed!"

Aur pfhir purana mausam laauta, yaad bhari purvai bhi...

11 comments:

Matt said...

Neat&lite one man..!!

Aditya Oday said...

thanx man :)

Unknown said...

ahhh ...... someone dumped you finally

Aditya Oday said...

arun does it look like someone has dumped me in this story?

Unknown said...

story mein nahin to kya, sach mein to hai hi :P

Aditya Oday said...

and how do u know the truth

and how do u know tht it wasnt the other way around

Unknown said...

u had accepted it urself

Aditya Oday said...

and where is the proof?

Unknown said...

mere rom mein hai aur tere dimag mein, ab isse jyaada proof ki jaroorat mujhe to nahin hai, and if u dont waana accept its ur wish

Aditya Oday said...

btw dumping is there when there is some relationship [:)]

Unknown said...

haan when alteast one loves the other and secong might have some feelings for the first one .....then it cannot be a relationship and cant be a long distance one for sure