Google

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Meine Jo ko nahi Maara


It is really interesting the way she behaves when she has to say something, half open-mouthed smile appears on her dimpled face and then suddenly you expect her lips to start moving; it would take a few fine fractions of seconds more when her lips would really move. And you cannot believe that that sharp featured girl has a very sober and mellowed down voice. At that moment, her eyes begin to wander and one tends to follow them, and you are suddenly lost - you don't know what to follow, her eyes or her lips.

"Sir, sir, sirrrrrrrr."

"Yes Jyoti..."

That delightful smile again, "Sir, I asked you something..."

I guess I quit the job the very same moment in my mind, and I really did it in the evening. As it I was taking these clases just for some extra cash, but as now I had a big crush on Jo, I had to leave the job. I didn't see her for many days and suddenly a call came on my mobile.

"Hello, I heard you left your job... The new guys really sucks..."

Ah and as on the phone I was able to concentrate on what she was speaking, I could make out that she was interested in me, and soon we were at the coffee shop having coffee....



"Jaaaaanu"

"Joo darling. Hey lets have some coffee first before dinner..."

"Ok, CCD at the corner will do no?"

"Lets go...."...



"Jo, don't worry, you will have a beautiful girl, I will be besides you..."....



"Jo, look where Jigyasa is going, don't let her go out alone..."

The same dimpled smile, the same wandering eyes, made me forget that Jo was not around!

"Papa, mummy is not here!"

"Oh, I almost forgot, anyways Jigyasa come on in, don't wander outside...".....


Next time I uttered the word Jo was when I mistook Jigyasa for Jo. She was a replica and a memento for me. She never let me forget Jo.

"Papppaaa... try and forget mommy, please, I can't see you like this! You have become a hermit!"

"Pappaaaaaaaaaa, do you even listen to what I say?"

"No Jo, your wandering eyes doesn't let me..."

"Papa!!! Don't call me Jo......"


How could I explain it to my daughter what that smile meant to me. How I am still crazy about those eyes. I was and I am in love with Jo....

One day I went to the same old CCD where for the first time we had had coffee. I saw a middle-aged lady sitting in front of me. She looked like an executive of a very big firm. I would have been something like that had I not left my life lose in the memory of Jo. I suddenly thought to walk upto her, from the back she looked very attractive.

"jo............................."

She had many explanations to give, which I didn't want to hear this time.... I took off in a hurry in my car....

"Papa, you look furious, what happened? Oh, don't tell me you saw mommy?"

I just had bought the gun for fun, but today I picked it out from the drawer and in a rush I shot Jigyasa, and suddenly I saw Jo on the door and the second bullet pierced her belly....

Judge had asked me, "Do you want to defend your action of firing bullets at your family members?"

"Meine Jo ko nahi maara. I can still see those wandering eyes...."

No comments: