Google

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Flashback - Part III - On the other side of the Road


Now I remember, what had happened the previous night when I was coming back to home. I had seen a familiar face on the other side of the road and while I was trying to remember who she was, a sudden glare of light made me realise that I was on the road. Even though I was unable to pinpoint who she was, I was curious to find out. Unluckily or luckily, the U-turn was a kilometre ahead. I instantly put the bike on full throttle and in a flash was on the other side of the road. But when I reached the place where my mystery girl was earlier, she was not there. Ah, I was really tired and wanted to go back home, but suddenly a little ahead I saw the same blue dress which she was wearing. Yes, she was climbing a taxi, and wasting no time I had put the motrobike engines into motion....

The day I had gone for my friend's birthday dinner, I had seen a very pretty girl on the table opposite to ours. I was only able to see her profile and her very pretty blue coloured dress. After I was done with my meal, I had gotten a feeling that I know her from somewhere. I had asked my friend that time that if she remembered her....

Before I could reach the taxi, I remembered that the girl on the road was wearing the same dress as the girl at the restaurant the other day. But I was unable to come to the conclusion that if she was the same girl. In the meantime, she had gone ahead in the taxi. As the thought of who she was continuously troubling me, I decided to follow her taxi. I could't believe it that the taxi was running very fast, and it was difficult for me to keep the pursuit going. I tried my level best and finally when I saw I had wasted enough of the petrol, I decided to return back...

Coming to the present, I was still unable to remember where my highlighter was. Even after numerous flashbacks of memory which I got, none of them led to any conclusion. Suddenly, the bell rang and as I opened the door I saw the same blue dress in front of my eyes. And to my horror, the girl was neither of the two girls which I had seen wearing this dress. Even before I could react she handed me my highlighter and said, I guess this is yours...

When I had given up hope of following the girl on the previous night, I had come to the same spot when I had seen the girl on the other side of the road. Before going back home, I had stopped for a one last look. Then I could see a flash of light....

Oh, I remembered who this girl was, and flashes of memory came to me that the flash of light had come two times on the previous night...

No comments: