Google

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Flashback - Part II - The Highlighter


As I sat down on my bed thinking where the hell can the highlighter be, a sudden thought came to my mind, my room's walls were never blue....

As on the day when I was searching for my highlighter on my desk, I had come across a piece of paper. It was a bill, the name mentioned on it was illegible. I was horrified to see it was of Rs. 1000 and when I observed closely it was billed in my name. On top of it there was a stamp mentioning paid on it!! Oh god, when did I pay for this and what was it that I paid for? Suddenly I checked my bank account and it showed an ATM withdrawl of Rs. 1000 for the previous night....

The night previous to the one when I was searching for my highlighter was fun, it was one of my friend's birthday and we had a nice sumptuous meal at a little-towards-expensive-side restaurant and when my friend asked me that if I had some cash, as she was short by some, I was horrified to see that my wallet was empty. Although another friend completed the sum, I went straight to the ATM and filled my wallet by Rs. 1000.

Ahh, that is why I took out the thousand bucks! I checked my wallet and found the thousand bucks intact. But then I realised why was my wallet empty the last night?....

On the previous evening when I was working on my desk, my friend had called and confirmed our treat and she had asked me to pick her at 8. I had looked at watch and watch showed 6pm. Then I was reading a technical document and I was highlighting the important points when I got another call. A person with a bill for me was waiting downstairs at the reception. Ah yes that was the painting bill. I had emptied my pocket in front of him and had paid him off and had brought the bill receipt with me. When I had reached my desk, my colleague had asked me to go to the rooftop for some fresh air. I had hurriedly put the bill under the documents I was reading, and then I remembered my highlighter had fallen off and I had thought I would pick it up later....

With this realisation I had seen under my desk, and there it was, my highlighter! I had picked it up and had flipped it inside my bag. When I was on my bike, going towards my house, I had seen a familiar face on the other side of the road...

Coming back to the morning when I was startled by my wall colours, I remembered, that I had gotten my walls painted, and I had never realised the new colour as I used to come back to the house late at night, and would go out early. Some things are so blatantly in front of us the one doesn't notice it. That explains the wall, but yesterday night I had found the highlighter, but it wasn't there today....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

why have u gone so lame .....huh !!, has someone dumped you :P

Aditya Oday said...

oh
no one hasnt still dumped me!

but this is fiction dude!